Manager, Business Analytics
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash is looking for talented Business Analysts to drive measurement, strategy, and tactical decision-making for our Operations and Marketplace teams. You’ll be solving problems that range from customer acquisition to balancing supply and demand to new city launches to marketplace efficiency. You’ll be working across the company to uncover insights and turn them into actionable business recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing or mentoring junior analysts, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You will be a great fit if you have a strong bias towards action, enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact. We’re looking for someone who has the technical skills to surface insights quickly, and the interpersonal skills to communicate those insights in a way that persuades action. This position will begin as an individual contributor role with opportunity to build out a team in the future.
What you’ll do:
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Mentor and guide junior analysts on how to use more advanced methods to solve problems
- Provide insights to help the business understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identify and quantify levers to help move key metrics
- Generate recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing to validate your findings. This includes:
- Performing analytical deep-dives to identify problems, opportunities and actions required;
- Collecting, processing, and cleaning data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools; and
- Managing the design, execution, and analysis of marketplace experiments; driving rigor and testing culture through operations teams
- Report against company initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Monitor key performance metrics, understanding root causes of changes
- Build data sets and reporting tables to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Represent the business analytics team in key meetings and business reviews with our executive team and founders
- 5+ years of experience in a data analytics, consulting, or other quantitative role
- An ability to write very complex SQL queries. ETL experience a plus
- Skilled at running cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau)
- Strong business judgment. You've got the ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Exceptional business and communication skills. Strategy consulting experience or other client-facing professional services experience is a plus
- Self-starter attitude. You’re someone who can initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Get-it-done mindset. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or economics is a plus
- Take-Home Project
- Evaluations are designed to take 3-4 hours of your time
- Graded on ability to analyze data and generate impactful recommendations
- Baseline SQL evaluation
- Onsite Interview
- Case studies designed to evaluate business intuition, structured problem solving and data communication skills
- Domain Knowledge, discussing projects you've led in your area of technical depth
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.