Build the World’s Leading Last-Mile Logistics Platform
In this role, you will leverage your marketing, product, operational, financial and analytical growth skills to build the strategies that reach, on-board, engage and delight drivers and bikers on the DoorDash platform. You will create and execute innovative, integrated online-and-offline brand and performance marketing programs to accelerate Dasher (driver) acquisition, activation, retention, and loyalty. You also will partner with product to define the growth product vision that enables us to build a world-class driver experience, and partner with operations to integrate dasher acquisition, retention, and mobilization in a way that changes the future of flexible work, globally. This is a unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing, global brand, and make a material impact on the future of work as we know it.
What you’ll do
- Create and execute strategies that introduce millions of people to flexible income-generating, and personal advancement, opportunities
- Own the growth plan for hitting our new and retained driver targets that enable us to supply the roads for last-mile delivery of food, alcohol, and grocery; with more verticals coming in 2019
- Identify the best online and offline acquisition channels to recruit millions of drivers
- Identify the best strategies to retain our drivers, and create loyalty programs that enable our drivers to continue to meet their personal goals with DoorDash
- Drive the product and operations road-map to meet the hyper-local needs of Dashers in each of our markets, while telling the platform’s story through innovative and effective campaigns.
- Partner with finance and analytics to build accurate, and robust monthly, quarterly, and annual measurement + forecasting tools that enable us to effectively and efficiently deploy a multi-hundred million dollar annual budget.
- Hire and develop a team of data-driven entrepreneurs who are technically, yet creatively gifted, and build the stories and relationships needed to write the next chapter in DoorDash's growth story.
- Report out to our C-level leadership team on goal-setting, progress towards goals, and actively participate in company level strategy and business decisions
- You lead through strategic vision, and by example; we are a team of “do’ers”
- You love the hard work required to win in a competitive space
- You love hyper-growth environments, and are easily adaptable to change
- You build great teams by recruiting and mentoring top talent
- You earn the trust of leaders inside and outside your org
- You have unwavering ethics, and always place the experience of Dashers first
- You believe in DoorDash’s mission of Delivering Good, and want to materially contribute
- You love using data to solve complex technical problems
- You appreciate that creative storytelling builds lasting, emotional connections
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; MBA a plus
- At least 8 years as an operational Marketer spanning brand and direct response
- 5+ years of people management experience in a hyper-growth environment
- Demonstrable success establishing and achieving business goals
- Responsibility for $40M+ of yearly marketing spend
- Large demand + supply marketplace GM or Growth experience a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national merchants in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.