We’re looking for Launchers to operationalize a city in a matter of weeks while building and growing our three sided marketplace in new and established markets across the U.S. and Canada.
Launchers are a critical piece of DoorDash's success in every market. This is an intense, business-side startup role. There's no such thing as a typical day, and to excel, you can't just be smart – you have to be self-motivated, have exceptional interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and be highly analytical. We're looking for strong performers who can move fast, get things done, and who are excited by the idea of traveling and bringing DoorDash to the world. If this sounds like you – read on!
What you’ll do
- Travel to new cities and help launch DoorDash into new markets with our Regional teams. You will run all the on-ground activities to build the foundation for DoorDash to succeed
- Become an expert on the city you’re stationed in: understand the restaurant landscape, delivery pain points, and market opportunity for DoorDash
- Develop an elite dasher fleet that consistently provides the highest-quality service by establishing standards for performance and managing & monitoring how people do
- Identify and acquire buzz worthy partners whose presence on our platform will accelerate our growth
- Consistently innovate and execute on unique strategies for acquiring our first customers
- Work cross-functionally with our Ops, Product, Eng, Sales, Analytics, and BD teams to streamline procedures, strengthen our product, and improve the way we do things
- Drive strategic initiatives and work on unique projects with various teams across the business to improve dasher, customer, and merchant operations in our top priority markets
- An avid traveler – Our Launch Team is on the the road over 330 days a year
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience;
- Track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel 330 days+ a year
Nice to Haves
- Success executing business development opportunities or negotiating partnerships
- Experience in a high-growth or early-stage start-up is a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Intersection, New York
Account Manager, Field Sales
Pinterest, Detroit, MI
Public Sector Business Development Representative
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA
Manufacturing Engineer Summer Internship
Casper, San Francisco
Expansion Business Development Representative (English)
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom