DoorDash, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Austin, Atlanta, Chicago, New York, or Toronto
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
We’re looking for Launchers to operationalize new cities in a matter of weeks while building and growing our three sided marketplace in new and established markets across the U.S. and Canada.
Launchers are a critical piece of DoorDash's success in every market. This is an intense, business-side startup role. There's no such thing as a typical day, and to excel, you can't just be smart – you have to be self-motivated, have exceptional interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and be highly analytical. Our Launchers handle everything from identifying geographic expansion opportunities and defining partner strategy to acquiring new customers and building our launch playbook. We're looking for strong performers who can move fast to get things done, have a natural aptitude for blending creativity and analytics to devise innovative solutions, and are excited by the idea of bringing DoorDash to the world. If this sounds like you – read on!
What you’ll do
- Manage - Create and own workflows that keep launch projects on track from beginning to end to build a successful business foundation.
- Strategize – Consistently innovate and execute on unique strategies for dasher, customer, and merchant operations in our top priority markets
- Experiment - Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from pickup times to restaurant selection in new markets.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments on all sides of our marketplace.
- Build – Generate new business by exploring growth opportunities with new and current partners for the DoorDash Marketplace and other verticals.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, BD, and Marketing teams to drive strategic initiatives and improve new market opportunities.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex projects, can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing process.
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- Determined – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience
- Demonstrable success leading initiatives, establishing and achieving goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Excellent Excel skill; SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
Nice to Haves
- Success executing business development opportunities or negotiating partnerships
- Experience in a customer-facing or relationship management role is a plus
- Experience in a high-growth or early-stage start-up is a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Partnerships Manager
Checkr, San Francisco
Senior Business Development Manager
Twitch, San Francisco OR Seattle
Manager, Outbound Sales Development
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
FSP Partnership Lead
JUMO, Cape Town, South Africa
Business Development & Marketing Manager
Landor, Landor Moscow