Principal Designer - Design Systems
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
We’re looking for a Designer to lay the foundation of how we design software in collaboration with engineering.
As the Principal Designer, you’ll set the vision for design systems, processes, and tools that empower our product designers, engineers to build high-quality, well-designed software consistently and efficiently.
What you’ll do
- Lead and contribute to building a system of design concepts, language, and patterns that will allow product designers and engineers to focus on product-level problems, ship high quality work efficiently and consistently
- Create the process by which the system is updated given new constraints and problems
- Lead and contribute to the way the system is distributed to designers and engineers
- Be a champion for the system, getting consensus and buy-in from design and engineering
- Manage and collaborate with Design Technologists designing the system
- You think in systems; you can see how all the parts fit together, and how a small change can propagate throughout the system
- You care about the details and the craft on a deep level
- You have technical experience and can get in the weeds of implementation if needed
- You can anticipate how aspects of the system will be used by designers, and design for the best default user experience
- You are comfortable articulating and recommending trade offs between flexible, general design and specific, pointed design systems
- 4 year college degree (or equivalent experience)
- At least 7 years post-college software design experience
- Experience implementing front-end on multiple platforms including web, iOS and Android
- Experience designing, implementing and evolving a design system for a digital product
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Please include a link to your portfolio to be considered for this role
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Frontend Web Engineer
Environment Concept Artist - (Contract)
Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX
Marketing Web Designer - Palo Alto
Issuu, Palo Alto, California
Fjord Design Director
Accenture, Quebec - Montreal, Canada
Associate Creative Director
AKQA, Washington, DC