Product Manager, Marketplace
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
At DoorDash, we're building the future of on-demand delivery. We're creating a small team of unbelievably talented product leaders to define and execute on our vision of building local delivery networks in cities all across the world.
As the Dispatch PM, you’ll work on the system that is at the center of our business, connecting all three sides of our marketplace so that we can run the most advanced delivery platform. The dispatch system is the thread connecting dashers, consumers, and merchants. You will leverage machine learning, predictive analysis, combinatorial optimization and operational processes to make deliveries as efficient and as reliable as possible. You will have to know how to combine technology with pragmatic operational changes to fundamentally change the constraints of the problem, and achieve even greater solutions.
What You'll Do:
- You'll be the product leader for the dispatch pod - drive definition, product roadmap and long term vision for the team responsible for the algorithms and automation that connect our 3-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and Dashers.
- Optimize our marketplace to run most efficiently in each of our markets
- Run experiments to better understand marketplace dynamics and identify trade-offs and opportunities to make every delivery faster.
- Explore our data and work closely with data scientists to leverage that data, e.g. to improve consumer ETA times
- Drive new feature development from start to finish. Work cross functionally with engineering, design, operations, marketing, local markets to gain a deep understanding of the business.
- Run user research, usability studies, and data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You manage chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed and organized way
- You aim to build systems that can improve themselves
- Fascination with efficiency and logistics
- "Spidey-sense" product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Avid DoorDash user
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 1+ year of engineering industry experience
- Strong interest in logistics, transportation, maps, and location based services
- Deep understanding of machine learning & algorithms
- 3+ years of end-to-end product management
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills and knowledge of SQL
This role reports to a Director of Product and will work closely with the founders as well as different functional heads in the company, such as engineering, design, support, operations, and marketing.
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery service in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.