Senior Business Operations Manager - Pricing
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
We are looking for a Sr. Business Operations Manager to develop and implement pricing strategies across our consumer and dasher products.
As a Senior Manager on the Business Operations & Analytics team overseeing pricing and retention, you’ll develop a deep and nuanced understanding of how our products should be priced and how changes in price affect retention across our marketplace. We’re looking for an exceptional analytics leader who can blend strong technical analyses with economic and behavioral insights to guide our business towards sustained growth. Success will be measured through increasingly efficient pricing processes, demand growth, and operational excellence.
What you’ll do
- Set overall pricing strategy given margin targets and business priorities
- Provide data-driven insights and strategic recommendations for all pricing, promotion and growth-driving business opportunities
- Partner with senior executives & cross-functional teams to ensure pricing tactics balance growth with profitability and retention
- Forecast impact of pricing strategies on DoorDash P&L and relationship between margin and growth
- Work to support the build out the pricing data model and algorithms
- Build robust, data-driven models that guide decision-making and inspire action
- Coordinate with Product and Engineering team to productize manual pricing processes that you’ve set up
- Help build, lead and inspire a team of world-class Business Operations Managers
- Self-starter attitude - someone who can initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Capable project manager, can juggle a set of diverse projects with a strong track record of delivering against aggressive timelines
- Balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- Excellent communicator, attentive listener and compelling explainer
- Get-it-done mindset - not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- BA/BS/Masters and exposure to Economics, Business, Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineer or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience working in pricing, analytics, consulting, operations or quantitative role
- Proficient using SQL to query large data sets
- People management experience or experience leading a team
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or supply-demand economics
- Proficient using statistical language such as R or Python/Pandas
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.