Senior Strategy & Operations Manager, Dasher - Canada
DoorDash, Toronto, ON, Canada
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Strategy & Operations Manager to devise and execute the overall operational strategy for “winning the dasher” in our Canada market.
Senior Strategy & Operations Managers at DoorDash are the leaders of our core business. As the people directly responsible for the development and growth of our markets, finding the right people for this role is not easy. Senior Strategy & Ops Managers must be talented, smart, and determined. They must have a natural aptitude for blending creativity and analytics to devise innovative solutions to complex logistical problems, the capacity to lead and influence teams, and the operational prowess to get stuff done. Think this is you? Read on…
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Devise and execute the overall strategy for the supply side of the business in Canada. This is critical as making sure we have dashers on the road, where we need them, when we need them, 24 hours a day is necessary for providing a great customer experience
- Lead – Manage a team of Strategy & Operations Managers and Associates that work to strengthen our product, streamline processes, and improve the way we do things
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various dasher acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from fleet management to temperature control
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, Account Management, and BD teams to improve the dasher experience and achieve the market goals
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 5+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Excellent Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.