Software Engineer, Android
DoorDash, San Francisco, New York, Mountain View
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
We’re looking for experienced Android engineers who want to work on an app used by millions of people. We’d love for you to bring a piece of your culture and experience into ours so that we can continue evolving to not only support our growing needs, but also remain engineering driven. Whether you’re an engineer interested in scaling our Android infrastructure or building awesome product features, we’d love to talk to you!
What You’ll Achieve
- Be an owner of the architecture of our Android applications
- Scale our test infrastructure and automate releases
- Introduce tools and best practices that accelerate our development process
- Build awesome product features to improve our marketplace
- High-energy and courageous - you’ll do what it takes to win
- You’re an owner - motivated and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our dynamic startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- Eager to work in fast-paced startup environment and a desire to disrupt logistics
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years developing with Android SDK in a production environment
- Strong systems and OOP knowledge
- Well-versed in Android architecture paradigms
- Expert knowledge of Android testing frameworks and best practices for testing
- High bar for code quality
Nice To Haves
- Experience working full-stack
- Contributor to open source projects
- Familiar with Kotlin
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Experience Designer (m/f/d)
India - Backend Engineer - Java
Senior Software EntwicklerIn (m/w/d)
Senior Backend Engineer
Reddit, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer - Layout
Mozilla, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle, San diego, Los Angeles
Lead Software Engineer
Social Tables, Washington, DC