Software Engineer, Data Science
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our Data Scientists have the opportunity to dive into a wealth of delivery data to improve Dasher assignment, ETA prediction, and Dasher capacity planning.
What You’ll Achieve
- Predict preparation ambiguity for over 50,000 merchant partners
- Compute real time vehicle routing challenges in major metropolitan areas, ultimately to assign dashers who arrive at desired locations with little to no lag/latency
- Forecast the supply of available dashers as well as incoming delivery demand
- Build out the next iteration of our recommendation engine. Read about it here!
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience building machine learning systems in production
Nice to haves
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Familiar with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- Take-Home Project
- Evaluations are designed to take 4-6 hours of your time
- Graded on ability to build a machine learning model, then writing an application to make predictions using the model.
- Onsite Interview
- One coding rounds, evaluating CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Domain Knowledge, discussing 1-2 projects you've led in your area of technical depth
- Systems Design, thinking of architectural decisions at a high level
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit https://www.doordash.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Resource Manager
Cloud Technology Partners, Boston - Headquarters
Senior Software Engineer - Build & Developer Insights
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Lead Operations Data Analyst
DNAnexus, Mountain View
Software Engineer (.net)
Blue Star Sports, Frisco, TX - Main Street
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
HouseCanary, San Francisco
Front End Software Engineer - Performance Dashboard