Software Engineer, Production (SRE/DevOps)
DoorDash, Mountain View, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
We’re looking for motivated Production Engineers (SRE/DevOPs) to own back-end services, front-end services, infrastructure components, and everything in between. You’ll also be working closely with software engineers to set up continuous delivery to ensure quick and smooth feature deployment.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- You will be responsible for maintaining and scaling production services and servers for complex and high throughput cloud services (AWS).
- You will improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance.
- You will write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale.
- Build tools for internal use to support software engineering best practices.
- You are not an operator, you’re an experienced software engineer focused on operations.
- You will work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability/security is designed and implemented from the start.
- You will participate in on-call rotation, being responsible for Doordash uptime and supporting the infrastructure.
- You will roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux and experience working with open source software (such as PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, HAProxy, Nginx)
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with programming languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
Nice To Haves
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Fabric, Docker, etc.
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with deploying web apps to cloud infrastructure (AWS, etc.) and working with distributed, service-oriented architecture
- Contributor to open source projects
- Technical Phone Screen
- Approx. 1 hour - assessing coding abilities and domain knowledge in current work environment
- Onsite Interview
- Domain Knowledge, addressing DevOps-related projects and problem solving
- Coding assessment, programming in the language of your choice
- Systems Design, thinking of architectural decisions at a high level
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer (Mechanical)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Java Backend Developer (SDEIII)
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Enterprise Security Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure
Medallia, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Engineering Manager - Restaurants
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer Internship - Summer 2019
Affirm, San Francisco, CA