Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems, where all our products plugin, to building out beautiful and intuitive user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
We’re looking for motivated Site-Reliability and DevOps Engineers to build out and maintain our backend systems. You’ll also be working closely with software engineers to set up continuous delivery to ensure quick and smooth feature deployment.
What You’ll Achieve
- Set up and lead our cloud-based infrastructure while working to constantly improve our system performance and reliability
- Monitor system health using various logging and reporting tools
- Work with engineering teams to make sure new features are deployed quickly and easily
- High-energy and courageous - you’ll do what it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our dynamic startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux and experience working with open source software (such as PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, HAProxy, Nginx)
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience with programming languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
Nice To Haves
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Fabric, Docker, etc.
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with deploying web apps to cloud infrastructure (AWS, etc.) and working with distributed, service-oriented architecture
- Contributor to open source projects
- Technical Phone Screen
- Approx. 1 hour - assessing coding abilities and domain knowledge in current work environment
- Onsite Interview
- Domain Knowledge, addressing DevOps-related projects and problem solving
- Coding assessment, programming in the language of your choice
- Systems Design, thinking of architectural decisions at a high level
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Box, Redwood City, CA
HW Prototype maker (Data Collection)
Magic Leap, Inc., Tel Aviv, Israel
Engineering Manager, Big Data Platform
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Electro-Mechanical Systems Architect
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Senior UI Engineer
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Senior Backend Engineer (m/f)