Software Engineer, Production (Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps)
DoorDash, Mountain View, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems, where all our products plugin, to building beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
We’re looking for motivated Site-Reliability and DevOps Engineers to build our backend systems. You’ll also partner with software engineers to set up continuous delivery to ensure quick and smooth feature deployment.
What You’ll Achieve
- Set up and lead our cloud-based infrastructure while improving our system performance and reliability
- Monitor system health using logging and reporting tools
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure new features are deployed
Your responsibilities include:
- You will maintain and scale production services and servers for complex and high throughput cloud services (AWS).
- You will improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance.
- You will write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale.
- Build tools for internal use to support software engineering best practices.
- You are not an operator, you’re an experienced software engineer focused on operations.
- You will work with development teams to ensure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability/security is implemented from the start.
- You will participate in on-call rotation, being responsible for DoorDash uptime and supporting the infrastructure.
- You will roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, create theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the cause.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux and experience working with open source software (such as PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, HAProxy, Nginx)
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with programming languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Understand modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
Nice To Haves
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Fabric, Docker, etc.
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with deploying web apps to cloud infrastructure (AWS, etc.) and working with distributed, service-oriented architecture
- Contributor to open source projects
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
- Premium medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- $75 monthly fitness reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation days for salaried employees
- Generous vacation and sick days for hourly team members
- Meaningful equity opportunities
- Quarterly off-sites and team-building activities
- Stocked kitchen
DoorDash is committed to connecting people with possibility. As part of that, we look to ensure that work opportunities at DoorDash are accessible to all. We are an equal opportunity employer.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Continuous Integration
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Camera Hardware Engineer
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Backend Scala Developer
Sr Engineering Manager
Eventbrite, Mendoza, Argentina
Quality Engineer (UI)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL