Software Engineer, Front-End
DoorDash, San Francisco, New York, Mountain View
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
As a front-end engineer at DoorDash, you’ll help design and build out beautiful, intuitive user interfaces for our web applications to create the best delivery experience for our consumers, merchants and drivers.
What you’ll achieve
- Become a product owner for one of our client facing applications
- Write robust, highly tested, well-crafted code that you can be proud of.
- Fight for the best customer experience through technical and product decisions.
- You are deeply empathetic—we’re one team, all excited to learn, build great products, and ship beautifully crafted code—and you know trust, understanding, and collaboration are foundational to that.
- You bring a diverse perspective to the underlying why of the work—we can only build the best product and team if we are empathetic to our customers, flexible in our views, and empowering of different voices in our process.
- Committed in your dedication to writing modular, testable code that will stand up to the test of time.
- Passionate about finding the best architectures and tools to take the team to the next level.
- Extremely humble, but willing to fight for good ideas with strong experience, valid data, or tactile prototypes to back it up. Strong opinions, weakly held.
- You love to ship small and ship fast—getting something modular and robust out in the world is the best way to learn what works and what doesn’t.
- Obsessed with beautiful design and user interfaces, and an expert in implementing them.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, responsive design, website performance, and accessibility
- Eager to work in a collaborative startup environment and a desire to disrupt logistics
- Mastery of the foundations of the web: vanilla JS, HTML5, CSS3
- B.S., M.S. of PhD or 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience architecting large-scale frontend applications
- Deep understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Experience with MVC, MVVM, Reactive programming models to build web applications
- Experience with React (and its concepts), Redux, Angular, jQuery, Webpack, CSS Preprocessors (like SASS, PostCSS)
- Familiarity with Sketch / Photoshop / UI design
- Experience with documentation, unit and integration testing
- Contributor to open source projects
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.