Software Engineer, Front-End
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
As a front-end engineer at DoorDash, you’ll help design and build out beautiful, intuitive user interfaces for our web applications to create the best delivery experience for our consumers, merchants and drivers.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our design and product teams to create A+ quality interfaces and applications—providing your insight into how the product is designed and built.
- Work with your engineering team to strike the right balance between excellence and speed.
- Review code, architecture decisions, and grow as an engineer through constant collaboration.
- Write robust, highly tested, well-crafted code that you can be proud of.
- Fight for the best customer experience through technical and product decisions.
- You are deeply empathetic—we’re one team, all excited to learn, build great products, and ship beautifully crafted code—and you know trust, understanding, and collaboration are foundational to that.
- You bring a diverse perspective to the underlying why of the work—we can only build the best product and team if we are empathetic to our customers, flexible in our views, and empowering of different voices in our process.
- Committed in your dedication to writing modular, testable code that will stand up to the test of time.
- Passionate about finding the best architectures and tools to take the team to the next level.
- Extremely humble, but willing to fight for good ideas with strong experience, valid data, or tactile prototypes to back it up. Strong opinions, weakly held.
- You love to ship small and ship fast—getting something modular and robust out in the world is the best way to learn what works and what doesn’t.
- Obsessed with beautiful design and user interfaces, and an expert in implementing them.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, responsive design, website performance, and accessibility
- Eager to work in a collaborative startup environment and a desire to disrupt logistics
- Mastery of the foundations of the web: vanilla JS, HTML5, CSS3
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- Experience architecting large-scale frontend applications
- Deep understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Experience with MVC, MVVM, Reactive programming models to build web applications
- Experience with React (and its concepts), Redux, Angular, jQuery, Webpack, CSS Preprocessors (like SASS, PostCSS)
- Familiarity with Sketch / Photoshop / UI design
- Experience with documentation, unit and integration testing
- Contributor to open source projects
- This project is designed to take 2-3 hours
- Project can be written in any JS framework
- Graded along documentation, coding style, CSS, and features
- Take home project review call
- Why did you make the choices that you did?
- Onsite Interview
- Pair Programming, adding a feature to the project that was built
- Software Design, thinking of systems at a high level
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit https://www.doordash.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Engineer
Software Engineer II - Graph
BounceX, New York
Technical Lead (TDD, OOP, SOLID, CI/CD, Agile, Various Languages)
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Front End
Kensho, Washington DC