Software Engineer, Infrastructure
DoorDash, San Francisco & Mountain View
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems, where all our products plugin, to building out beautiful and intuitive user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
What You’ll Achieve
- Build common software abstractions and frameworks to help developers write performant and scalable code
- Develop and define our backend architecture and tech stack
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability and security for our backend systems
- Develop and maintain common services and tools used across the engineering org
- Be involved in transitioning our monolithic codebase to a microservice-based architecture
- Work in fast-paced startup environment to make DoorDash the most reliable logistics platform across the globe
- Solve interesting, bleeding-edge engineering problems
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Prior experience working with backend tech stacks
- Able to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
Nice To Haves
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and other technologies (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ)
- Familiar with profiling and optimizing system resources
- Experience building large scale, real-time applications
- Experience with building solutions for systems monitoring, live deployments and continuous integration
- Contributor to open source projects
- Technical Phone Interview
- 75 minutes
- Recommend using strongest language of your choice
- Graded on CS fundamentals, problem solving, general domain knowledge, and communication
- Onsite Interview
- Two coding rounds, evaluating CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Domain Knowledge, discussing 1-2 projects you've led in your area of technical depth
- Systems Design, thinking of architectural decisions at a high level
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Favor, Austin, TX
Software Engineer (Java/Kafka)
Security Engineer - Network Security
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Harry’s, Harry's Germany
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL