Software Engineer, Platform Engineering
DoorDash, Mountain View
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on accomplished engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible. We are hiring at multiple levels and you will be interviewed based on your experience.
What You'll Do
- Work on our microservice architecture to build common services (eg: Identity, Authentication, Authorization, Queueing, Notifications, etc.) to ensure and guide other engineering teams to migrate to a service-oriented-architecture
- You will build frameworks and tools for identifying scaling bottlenecks (eg: Load testing, Chaos engineering), measuring, monitoring and optimizing our backend performance to ensure high availability, scalability and fault tolerance
What We're Looking For
- 9+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with excellent knowledge of programming languages, especially Java, Python or Kotlin
- Knowledge of CS fundamental concepts
- Coordinate the efficiency, scalability, and stability of system resource
- A passion for analyzing data to inform decisions
Nice To Haves
- Develop deployable architecture through code using Terraform on AWS
- Experience deploying microservices on Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with SQL and No-SQL data stores
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one