Software Engineer, Platform Engineering
DoorDash, Mountain View
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on accomplished engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
DoorDash is the fastest growing on-demand logistics platform in North America with goals to support EVERYTHING -- be it food, grocery, retail items or anything that is deliverable.
As a Platform Engineer, you will work on our microservice architecture to build common services (eg: Identity, Authentication, Authorization, Queueing, Notifications, etc.) to ensure and guide other engineering teams to migrate to a service-oriented-architecture. Furthermore, you will build frameworks and tools for identifying scaling bottlenecks (eg: Load testing, Chaos engineering), measuring, monitoring and optimizing our backend performance to ensure high availability, scalability and fault tolerance.
- 9+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with excellent knowledge of programming languages, especially Java, Python or Kotlin
- Knowledge of CS fundamental concepts
- Coordinate the efficiency, scalability, and stability of system resource
- A passion for analyzing data to inform decisions
Nice To Have
- Develop deployable architecture through code using Terraform on AWS
- Experience deploying microservices on Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with SQL and No-SQL data stores
We are hiring at multiple levels and you will be interviewed based on your experience.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
- Premium medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- $75 monthly fitness reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation days for salaried employees
- Generous vacation and sick days for hourly team members
- Meaningful equity opportunities
- Quarterly off-sites and team-building activities
- Stocked kitchen
DoorDash is committed to connecting people with possibility. As part of that, we look to ensure that work opportunities at DoorDash are accessible to all. We are an equal opportunity employer.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.