Software Engineer, Product
DoorDash, San Francisco, Mountain View & New York
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash is building the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're looking for talented engineers to join our fast-growing engineering team and help us develop a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
Product engineers at DoorDash work at the intersection of product and infrastructure to scale and operate the backend services and architecture supporting product functionality. You will be challenged to evaluate and execute on these tradeoffs to make the most business impact on the company.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, release and run large-scale web applications
- Develop and define the backend architecture and tech stack for a product area
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability and security for our backend systems
- Be involved in transitioning our monolithic codebase to a microservice-based architecture
- Completely disrupt logistics by tackling bleeding-edge, technical problems
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience working with backend tech stacks
- Able to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Experience with service oriented architecture, writing REST API’s, unit testing, and architectural design
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and other technologies (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ)
Nice To Haves
- Experience building large scale, real-time applications
- Contributor to open source projects
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.