Software Engineer, Product
DoorDash, San Francisco & Mountain View
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our product engineers work at the intersection of product and infrastructure to scale and operate the backend services and architecture supporting product functionality. You will be challenged to evaluate and execute on these tradeoffs to make the most business impact on the company.
What You’ll Achieve
- Develop, release and run large-scale web applications
- Develop and define the backend architecture and tech stack for a product area
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability and security for our backend systems
- Be involved in transitioning our monolithic codebase to a microservice-based architecture
- Completely disrupt logistics by tackling bleeding-edge, technical problems
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience working with backend tech stacks
- Able to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Experience with service oriented architecture, writing REST API’s, unit testing, and architectural design
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and other technologies (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ)
Nice To Haves
- Experience building large scale, real-time applications
- Contributor to open source projects
- Technical Phone Interview
- 75 minutes
- Recommend using strongest language of your choice
- Graded on CS fundamentals, problem solving, general domain knowledge, and communication
- Onsite Interview
- Two coding rounds, evaluating CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Domain Knowledge, discussing 1-2 projects you've led in your area of technical depth
- Systems Design, thinking of architectural decisions at a high level
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Administrative Assistant, Product Creative
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Data Engineer - Node.js, Python, Spark, MYSQL
Technical Product Manager
Malwarebytes, Clearwater, Florida
Aptos, Italy - Bari
Senior Product Manager, Device Based Access Management
Okta, San Francisco,CA or San Jose,CA