Software Engineer, Search / Relevance
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our search / relevance engineers focus on developing intelligent features and algorithms for showing relevant results to users. The features and algorithms you develop will power the search, autocomplete and browse results on the DoorDash website, mobile site and mobile apps. We’re looking to hire talented, self-motivated search engineers for our core relevance ranking team.
What You’ll Achieve
- Iterate and improve our recommendation, personalization and ranking algorithms which has applications in several product areas like search, autocomplete and email/push communications.
- Implement and deploy machine learning models to production systems
- Develop technologies to solve complex data problems, such as web and mobile scale data integration and data generation pipelines to collect, clean and aggregate data to address complex data problems and integrate them with production systems
- Improve search relevance using text matching algorithms and NLP techniques
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment
- Build highly performant APIs that are horizontally scalable
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, and product/business people
- Design and deploy high-performance RESTful web services
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- 2+ years of experience working on search/ranking/relevance problems
- Familiarity with at least two of the following technologies:
- Lucene (SOLR/Elastic Search)
- BigData technology: Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Service Oriented Architecture and RESTful APIs
- Information Retrieval/NLP/Data Mining/Machine Learning
Nice To Haves
- Contributor to open source projects
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Familiar with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- Technical Phone Interview
- Graded on CS fundamentals, execution, communication, and ability to make educated trade-offs
- Onsite Interview
- Two coding rounds, evaluating CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Domain Knowledge, discussing 1-2 projects you've led in your area of technical depth
- Systems Design, thinking of architectural decisions at a high leve
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
QA Test Analyst (Contract)
PlayStation, Santa Monica Studio
Data Infrastructure Engineer
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Cloud Project and Engagement Manager (m/f)
Simon Data, New York, NY USA
Senior Quality Engineer
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
System Engineer, Internal Infrastructure
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA