Software Engineer, Special Projects
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
- Build the 10x ideas from the ground up e.g. robotics, drones, next-gen dispatch, ML-chatbots, strategic partnerships, etc.
- Build prototypes, V1s and new features end-to-end
- New product definition, design, user research, and operations for everything related to special projects
- Work in a small, nimble team (less than 3-4 people). Startup-within-a-startup
- Entrepreneurs, self-starters, hackers
- Owners: somebody who can take a concept and make it real
- “Get stuff done” attitude: do whatever it takes to get a product out the door
- Full stack engineers. Comfortable working across multiple platforms (frontend, backend, mobile)
- Deeply passionate about the future of on-demand, logistics, local commerce, and transportation
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- Experience working with databases (e.g. SQL) and data infrastructure
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Startup experience (less than 50 people)
- Experience building large scale, real-time applications
- Understanding of algorithm, dispatch systems and machine learning. Proficiency with either Java or Scala
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Staff Gameplay Programmer
PlayStation, Bend, OR
QA Tester (Games and Interactive Experiences) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Strava, Strava HQ or Denver, CO
Software Engineer, Desktop UI Platform - Seattle
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Software Development Engineer in Test (mobile)