DoorDash is missioned to disrupt the future of delivery logistics in the three-sided marketplace: customer, merchants, and drivers. We have achieved exponential growth since the foundation in 2013, and we’re proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US. The company is at the pivotal point of transforming the user experience to the next level, as all three-sided marketplace continues to grow fast and the business expands beyond the food delivery.
At DoorDash, our customers are at the forefront of the product strategy. We deeply believe that the best customer experience is synonymous to the success of the company’s business in the long run. Design plays a strong voice, providing critical thought partnership in the cross-functional product development. This is where you come in.
We're looking for Senior Product Designers to create world-class user experience on all marketplace fronts. Our Design team is still in an early stage, which means you’ll contribute to shaping the design culture and process from the ground up and get to drive big and meaningful design problems.
What you'll do
- Actively practice and evangelize the customer-centric thinking
- Own and drive the design problems from the ideation to the execution
- Build the relationship and collaborate closely with the cross-functional teams such as UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, Business Analytics, Operations and Marketing
- Deeply understand the business goal and challenge its requirements as necessary
- Use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively
- Contextualize the holistic impact of your design in the dynamic ecosystem of the three-sided marketplace
- Create user scenarios, user journey, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development
- Deliver the high-fidelity assets and specs ready for the development cross platform
- Work with Design Infrastructure team to conform with the latest design system and contribute to its continuous innovation
- You love fast-paced startup environment
- You are curious, and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a generalist who can drive the design process end to end
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem solving skill and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience as a product/UX designer in a relevant industry
- Fluency in the latest product design trend, tools and technology cross platform
- Must be able to work in our offices in San Francisco (HQ) or Mountain View, CA
- Prior design experience in local, commerce, and logistics industry is a big plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in all 50 states of the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Footwear & Leather Accessories Fashion Designer
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
Huge, Atlanta, Bogota, Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, Global, London, Los Angeles, Medellin, Oakland, Seattle, Singapore, Toronto, Washington DC
Prodigy Game, Toronto, Ontario
Sr. UX Data Scientist
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Android Engineer - Growth & Acquisition
Netflix, Los Gatos, California