Sales Strategy & Ops Manager - New Products
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash is looking for a Sales Strategy & Ops Manager to support new product launches and integrate these new business lines into our existing sales organization. You’ll bring new merchant products to market while bridging the gap between our local, sales, and product teams.
Our sales team is the heart and soul of DoorDash, allowing us to sustainably lower customer delivery fees while improving our unit economics. As DoorDash grows both in scale and breadth of offering, the complexity of our sales cycle and organizational structure must grow with it.
As our Sales Strategy & Ops Manager you’ll create the sales process for new and existing merchant products and build them into our organizational structure. You will partner with business teams to roll out new products, develop the sales strategy, hire and train sales reps to push new offerings, and work alongside our Engineering team to iterate on the product feature set.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to find product-market fit. Think this is you? Read on…
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Devise and execute against the overall product strategy for “winning the merchant”
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run sales tests and lead market intelligence efforts. These outputs will directly influence our product roadmap and sales org structure.
- Grow – Scale new initiatives from 1 -> X selling products personally and leveraging a small sales team before hiring managers and reps to own the process long term.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of new merchant-facing products. Ensure we’re leveraging each sales resource for maximum long term revenue impact.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Sales, Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Account Management, and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve revenue targets.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 3+ years of experience in strategy and operations, consulting, business development, or operations; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is preferred
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong analytical skills - experience with SQL is a plus
- Sales experience or exposure to sales is a plus
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit https://www.doordash.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Marketing Manager, Film - North America, AU & NZ (UCAN)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior CRM Manager (m/f)
Global Marketing Manager - Mountain Category
Specialized, Morgan Hill
Specialized, Morgan Hill, CA
Field Marketing Manager
Ematic Solutions, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Influencer Marketing Manager, UK (12-month Contract)