Sales Operations Manager - Strategy
DoorDash, San Francisco
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash is looking for a Sales Operations Manager - Strategy to define and execute strategic initiatives that enhance sales productivity by enabling our teams to be more effective in targeting and closing the most valuable partnerships at scale. You’ll work cross-functionally between our sales, partner management, operations, product, and analytics teams to build the merchant foundation.
Our sales and partner management teams are the heart and soul of DoorDash, enabling us to partner with top restaurants across the country to drive revenue and help our partners operate even better. As DoorDash grows both in scale and breadth of offering, the strength of our sales engine and organizational structure must grow with it.
As our Sales Ops Manager - Strategy, you’ll discover and drive performance improvements across the sales organization and build the foundation for it to scale. This will include building and executing go-to-market playbooks, revenue optimization, strategic initiatives to enhance productivity, process redesign, product roadmap and launches, resource allocation and pipeline analytics. This role sits at the intersection of our revenue generation engine and our business teams, and as such will require ruthless prioritization and data-driven decision-making to ensure our teams are working against the right goals and have the tools needed to achieve them.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Devise and execute initiatives against the overall sales org strategy for “winning the merchant”
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run sales tests and lead market intelligence efforts
- Optimize – Build the best merchant acquisition engine so DoorDash continues to offer the highest quality selection for its customers
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to multiply rep productivity
- Influence – Manage cross-functional projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
- Entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action, an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve and want to share the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 5+ years of experience in strategy and operations, business development, operations, or consulting; direct management experience, high-growth startup or sales ops experience is preferred
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL is a plus
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national merchants in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.