Senior Strategy & Operations Manager, Special Ops
DoorDash, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Austin, Atlanta or Denver
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Special Operations Manager to work cross-functionality within our three sided marketplace to ensure that DoorDash can succeed and thrive with any opportunity.
We’re looking for unicorns–people who can think strategically at the highest level while also understanding the bits that need to flip to follow through on the execution. A Special Ops Senior Manager has a aptitude for blending analytics and creativity to scope and solve complex logistical problems, the operational prowess to get stuff done, and the self-starter compass to start moving on to the next problem right away.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Consistently innovate and execute on unique strategies for dasher, customer, and merchant operations across our business.
- Experiment - Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from pickup times to restaurant selection to support agent efficiency.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of cross-marketplace programs and experiments.
- Build – Generate new business by exploring growth opportunities with new and current partners for the DoorDash Marketplace and other verticals.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, BD, and Marketing teams to drive strategic initiatives and harness opportunities.
- Operate – Figure out how to get A to B–then actually make it happen.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex projects, can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing process.
- Flexible Learner – You can ramp from being familiar to being an expert in a matter of days.
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- Owner – You’re always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome – both the good and the bad.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Leadership experience, preferably having managed a team of at least 3 direct reports
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Marketing, Director
Index Exchange, New York
Senior Engineer (Full Stack)
Blue State Digital, BOS
Head of University Partnerships
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Lead Ruby Engineer
Global Supply Manager
Massdrop, San Francisco
Territory Sales Executive/ Directeur de territoire, Quebec City
TradeRev, Quebec, Canada