Sales Compensation Analyst
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
We are looking for a talented Sales Compensation Analyst to join our team to help manage strategic analytics and operational initiatives for the Sales team.
The Sales Compensation Analyst will help develop and execute strategies for goal setting, sales forecasting and managing rollout of sales compensation. You should be able to communicate effectively with key business stakeholders and have experience managing projects with cross-functional team members.
What you'll do
- Help develop and maintain accurate sales quotas, ensuring these are accurately reflected in sales compensation plans.
- Manage the monthly commission process for the sales team. This includes understanding and applying the commission plan consistently, ensuring commissions calculations comply with the plan and managing exception requests versus policy.
- Deliver commissions and payroll reporting to Finance to close out each period.
- Develop and maintain compensation calculators and sales performance reporting.
- Develop and communicate compensation related training materials and guidelines.
- Periodically analyze the effectiveness of compensation plan designs.
- Provide analytical support for other sales compensation projects and initiatives as needed. Exercise judgment and creativity in selecting potential solutions. Determine and develop recommendations and carry-out decisions to completion. Manage projects effectively despite multiple priorities and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Manage the rollout of sales compensation software platform such as Obero or Xactly.
- Problem solver — You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- Self-starter — You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Analytical and Forward Thinker— You are passionate about solving difficult business problems and telling the story behind the numbers.
- Strong Communicator — You communicate effectively with business stakeholders and cross-functional team members.
- Flexible – You are able to quickly shift focus and effectively handle short-notice assignments and changing priorities.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3+ years of work experience in a sales operations function.
- Demonstrated analytical skill and past experience on deriving insights from data.
- Advanced Excel skills including experience with functions, pivot tables, modeling etc.,
- Strong SQL Skills with abilities to write advanced queries on PostgreSQL warehouse.
- Experience creating dashboards using Tableau, Chart.io, Looker or similar programs.
- Strong grasp on data structure and data integrity issues.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Business, Engineering or another field that uses quantitative analysis.
Nice to haves
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM.
- Experience working with predictive data modeling.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.