Senior Manager, Regional Partner Strategy
DoorDash, New York, New York
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
We’re looking for a Senior Regional Partner Strategy Manager to lead and influence a team of Strategic Partner Managers to hit goals in order to grow, manage and improve the merchant side of the business.
As a member on our Local Team, you will be responsible for executing our strategic advantage: winning, growing and maintaining the best merchants in each city. As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team to improve the way we interact, retain and build relationships with our partners. You will report to the Regional General Manager.
What you’ll do
- Lead – Manage a team of Strategic Partner Managers that work to grow merchants relationships with our key accounts across New York
- Strategize – Work with our Merchant Operations team to devise and execute the overall operational strategy for “winning the merchant”
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from commissary kitchens, to in-store marketing, to launching new verticals
- Business Development – Generate new business and strategic investment opportunities by being the local liaison for new products to roll out in your region. This includes everything from Drive to DoorDash For Business
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of merchant acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve market revenue goals
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, consistently changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 4+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience in a client facing or account management role
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to thrive.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.