Technical Revenue Accounting Manager
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Our Accounting Team is looking for a Technical Revenue Accounting Manager to help shape DoorDash’s revenue reporting infrastructure and processes while keeping pace within the fast and quickly evolving online marketplace company. You will report to our Senior Manager, Accounting. It's an exciting time to join this team for those looking for ownership and career growth!
What you'll do:
- Research and prepare written technical accounting policies and positions for current revenue recognition policies and ad hoc technical memos for non-standard revenue transactions
- Review contracts for implementation of appropriate revenue recognition observing relevant accounting literature and our revenue recognition policy
- Analyze revenue accounting matters for new projects and products; provide comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions proposed. Work with the Accounting Sr. Manager and Controller to develop and document accounting conclusions and associated accounting policy
- Collaborate with legal, sales, sales operations and professional services to provide guidance on accounting, policy or process issues around revenue recognition
- Develop technical analyses for the revenue operations team; reevaluate essential assumptions.
- Support the group in developing new financial schedules and management reporting
- Help establish global revenue processes and strategy, working with legal, engineering, tax, and product teams.
- Analyze and support new programs; determine associated accounting treatment, and communicate financial statement impact to senior management
- Participate in and help lead essential accounting projects including audit readiness and management reporting
- Ad hoc analyses and projects
- Self-motivated and self-managed , and creative
- Able to handle a diverse workload and deadlines, humble and resourceful!
- Balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- Analytical and adaptable
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, CPA are required
- 5+ working years of accounting experience, a mixture of the big 4 public accounting, industry financial or external reporting experience.
- The ability to work with all levels of management and diverse teams
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, ASC 606 and ASC 340; knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data, SQL a plus
- Experience reviewing, interpreting sales contracts, and translating into a revenue recognition framework
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.