Senior Manager, Business Strategy & Planning
DoorDash, San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Denver/Boulder, Austin, Atlanta or Chicago
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash is looking for a dedicated, driven and entrepreneurial leader to build and run the company’s Business Planning function. This person will be responsible for achieving stellar outcomes for DoorDash through strategic thinking, collaboration and relationship building.
As the Head of Business Planning, this person will be responsible for leading, coordinating and organizing strategic and financial planning process across all business teams. As part of DoorDash’s annual and long term planning, this person will help identify, elevate the right Objectives and Key Results that help DoorDash achieve both its financial and strategic objectives.
The Head of Business Planning will drive alignment around people, process and data to ensure teams are equipped to identify the right input and output goals, and work cross-functionally to achieve them. This person will work closely with DoorDash’s management and leadership team to enable the company’s expansion across geography and product while maintaining focus on our core businesses and products.
The key responsibilities include:
- Developing quarter, annual planning and multiyear planning strategy, cadence and discipline for DoorDash across all teams
- Collaborating with analytics and finance teams to build OKR scorecards and developing weekly risk tracking and mitigation plans
- Supporting all functions with getting their strategies and priorities incorporated in
- Orchestrating and facilitating monthly/quarterly business reviews across business teams.
- Collaborate with business leaders. facilitation, influence, and content contributions
- Proactively identify, structure, and manage complex issues to quickly arrive at recommendations
- Leveraging “art of the possible” to think through complex goals in an ambiguous environment or highly evolving situations
- 5+ years of experience managing or operating complex businesses
- Strategic thinking through previous background in finance, consulting or strategy
- Proven track record in delivering complex strategic plans through effective leadership and collaboration
- Previous experience in fast growing environments preferred
- Bachelors in Business or related field (MBA preferred)
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
2020 Co-Op - Senior Hardware Developer (Spring/Summer - December) [Graduate Student]
IBM, Multiple Cities