Software Engineer, Streaming & Realtime Data Platform
DoorDash, Remote, US
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash is building the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're looking for talented engineers to help us develop a 24x7, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
The Streaming & Realtime Data Platform team manages the infrastructure which enables Doordash’s on-demand logistics products and business to obtain data on a near-real-time basis in a reliable and scalable fashion . The domain of work includes messaging via Apache Kafka, Stream processing using Flink and Spark Streaming, OLAP Infra, and Realtime Analytics queries. The team consists of a mix of experienced veterans of stream processing from prestigious companies and some aspiring and highly passionate budding streaming engineers. We're an owner-driven, high-energy, and adaptable team - you can read more about our values below.
If you want to solve the toughest engineering challenges in the world and learn from some of the smartest people in the industry, Doordash’s Streaming & Realtime Data Platform is the right place for you. Come join us and be part of the mission.
What You’ll Do
- Help identify the right technical stack to help build and adopt a Realtime data ecosystem at Doordash
- Work with our Data Analysts, Data Scientists, ML Engineers and Data Infrastructure engineers to collaborate on important projects that need Realtime data
- Help build high performance and flexible streaming pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies, techniques, and modeling approaches
What We're Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience working on stream processing systems in production such as enabling real time data analytics at scale using technologies similar to Apache Kafka, Flink, Spark, Druid, Cassandra, Elasticsearch etc.
- Systems Engineering - you've built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems
Nice To Haves
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Familiar with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- Familiar with Spark, MLLib, Databricks MLFlow, Apache Airflow and similar related technologies.
- Familiar with a cloud based environment such as AWS
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.