The Analytics team is looking for an experienced leader to build and scale our Analytics organization. You’ll focus on one of our audiences (Consumer, Merchant or Dasher) to help set the vision for what we build at DoorDash. You’ll define metrics, drive roadmaps, quantify levers and uncover opportunities to improve our products. Most importantly, you’ll recruit the best analytics and data science talent to take on some of the most challenging technical problems in the industry.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and leading an analytics team, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have experience in data-driven decision making. You will be a great fit if you have a strong bias towards action, enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact. We’re looking for someone who has the technical skills to surface insights quickly, and the interpersonal skills to communicate those insights in a way that persuades action.
What you’ll do
- Recruit and lead a high-performing team of analysts and data scientists
- Work with your team to develop new analytic methods
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Partner with product and business leaders, designers, and engineering managers to improve our products and prioritize projects for impact
- Represent the analytics team in key meetings and business reviews with our executive team and founders
- Use data science methods to generate and test hypotheses. This includes:
- Performing analytical deep-dives to identify problems, opportunities and actions required;
- Collecting, processing, and cleaning data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools; and
- Managing the design, execution, and analysis of A/B or multivariate testing programs; driving rigor and testing culture through product and operations teams
- 8+ years of analytics / data science experience or equivalent; 4+ years of experience managing and scaling high growth analytics / data science teams
- Skilled at running cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations
- An ability to write very complex SQL queries. ETL experience a plus
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau)
- Inspiring leader with a driven, results-focused attitude
- Strong analyst who is attentive to detail and sets a high bar for work produced by the team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions
- Get-it-done mindset. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- M.S. or Ph.D. in economics, applied math, statistics, engineering or other quantitative field a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Science Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, Riyadh
Freelance - Terminologists (English to Korean)
Unbabel, Remote - Freelance
Senior Manager, Systems Contracting
Oscar, New York
Insight Artificial Intelligence Fellows Program - Toronto
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting May 13, 2019 - Toronto
Technical Program Manager / Sr. Technical Program Manager (Contract position)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Senior Analytics Consultant
HERO Digital, Philadelphia