About the Role
This product leader will be head of product for DoorDash’s plan to expand throughout and create a best-in-class experience for consumers, Dashers, and merchants in Canada.
You'll work among star engineers, designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment. You will talk with customers, Dashers, and merchants around the world to understand their unique needs. The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-company collaboration, and well-honed product judgment.
Given the three-sided nature of our business, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long term strategy for how to win the market. You’ll be solving problems for consumers, Dashers, and merchants alike.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be the most senior product lead in our new Toronto product & engineering hub
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, marketing, local markets. You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for how to win in Canada, both by adapting existing DoorDash products and building new products and businesses.
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Establish, monitor, and measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions.
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- Help hire, coach, and lead a team of exceptional product managers and engineers based in Canada
- Reports to the Head of International Expansion Product
We’re excited about you because…
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- "Spidey-sense" product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Launched and scaled a product both from 0 to 1 and 1 to a million.
- Experience building an operationally-intensive product
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions
- 5+ years of product management, engineering or marketing experience
- Experience starting/scaling a successful startup from the ground up is a plus
- Strong interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, marketplaces
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.