Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
DoorDash, United States - Remote
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
About the Team
Core Infrastructure builds and operates reliable, scalable, and repeatable infrastructure for DoorDash developers to ship great products quickly and reliably.
The cloud engineering team within Core Infrastructure manages DoorDash’s cloud infrastructure and provides best practices on managing all cloud services. The team works directly with product and infrastructure teams to ensure our platforms and services can be deployed and operated at scale.
About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and enforce best practices for cloud infrastructure services and automation
- Design Cloud-Native Architectures and optimize applications for AWS
- Managing key core infrastructure components (Secrets, IaC, Zero Trust access)
- Develop and manage cloud networking solutions (TGW, Peering, PrivateLink, etc) in a multi-account, multi-region environment
- Manage IAM management and cloud governance
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code as well as any relevant automation and tooling
- Collaborate with security team to identify security improvements and develop a roadmap to implement the improvements using automation and DevOps tools
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Stay current with industry trends and find new ways to improve our infrastructure and process
- Work across the entire organization
- Be a founding member of a remote first team
- Excited to learn and use new technologies at a high growth company
We’re excited about you because…
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps/DevSecOps/SRE type role
- Proven experience and understanding of cloud-native architecture principles
- Demonstrated experience managing cloud resources following AWS security and infrastructure best practices.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as HashiCorp Terraform or Pulumi
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Automation scripting experience with languages such as bash, Python or Ruby
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Linux system internals knowledge
- Previously worked in a remote position
Nice to have...
Experience with these specific technologies or similar alternatives is not required but helpful.
- Knowledge and fluency in Go, Rust, or some another high-level language
- Experience with HashiCorp products
- Familiar with Open Policy Agent and have written a handful of policies
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $136,000 - $153,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Manager, Business Development - Investment Product
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA, or New York City, NY,
Strategic Account Manager - Washington, D.C. Area
Onapsis, Washington, District of Columbia, United States