Business Systems Program Manager
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
About the Team
The Business Systems Transformation and Acceleration team empowers teams through intelligent workflows, highly performant systems and reliable data. We partner with groups across the company including Product, Finance, Operations, Business Applications and Analytics to build systems and help the go-to-market teams to move quickly.
About the Role
We are looking for a Business Systems Program Manager to join DoorDash's Business Systems Transformation and Acceleration group. As a Project Manager, reporting to our Senior Business Systems Portfolio & Program Manager, your mission will be to guide predictable project delivery cycles with a broad array of team members for meaningful impact. You will work with our Business Systems Analysts and stakeholders to manage critically dependent work and engage on large projects where dedicated project management will enhance the speed and of the deliverables. You will be a liaison in the portfolio process, improving the relationship between multiple team members, actors and delivery teams who rely on business systems, data operations and tooling to achieve their strategic goals. You will use Salesforce, Lucidchart, Jira/Wiki, and Google productivity tools to guide various projects.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Improve clarity and transparency in the development of project work across systems, tools and data projects that impact our team members
- Ensure project team members are aware of progress, next steps and action items as it relates to complex, diverse projects
- Manage visibility through creation of project wiki pages, project timelines, communications plans, risk and dependency logs, and action planners
- Program manage projects past their release date to track impact, adoption, and opportunities for improvement
- Manage the communication cadences of releases, adoption and training, and planning cycles, through our channels for a given project
- Work with issues within and outside your domain to create an impact in the execution deliverables
- Participate in setting and maintaining standards for project management across the Business systems organization and partner teams with stellar project management practices
- Maintain focus on overall goals and support teams in unblocking the issues that keep us from hitting our results
We're excited about you because:
- You have a Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of relevant experience
- You understand portfolio management, intake, scoping, and team member management.
- You are proficient in project management, risk and issue identification and work breakdown structures.
- You have general skills in Salesforce and technical dependency identification
- You have experience with end-to-end project lifecycle in a software development and process transformation environment
- You see team member management, transparency and coordination as a strategic benefit
- You know how to juggle hard conversations and trade offs with optimism
- When you are handed a mess, you enjoy and take pride in creating organization
- You know how to balance speed while driving towards a strategic long-term roadmap.
- You have the determination to initiate and complete projects
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
WE PUT MORE POWER IN YOUR HANDS