Senior Product Design Manager, Drive and Storefront
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA; Mountain View, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Seattle, WA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
About the Teams
Drive is a white label order fulfillment platform serving merchants across the United States, Canada, Australia and Japan. With Drive, merchants receive orders from their own customers, but utilize DoorDash to fulfill the order. Using their native channels, the merchant is responsible for ingesting the order, tendering customers’ payment, and requesting the dasher from DoorDash. Our mission is to provide merchants around the globe with the building blocks to power their e-commerce businesses. You’ll help us recognize our vision of unbundling the DoorDash marketplace into a platform product suite.
Storefront is an online ordering platform that enables merchants to link a branded, first party ordering experience to their websites and first party channels, with delivery and fulfillment powered by DoorDash. Storefront is less than 2 years old, and is at a pivotal point of growth. We are expanding fast and defining the vision for the future as we build our team. Our mission is to empower merchants to easily and efficiently operate their business, grow sales, and build lasting relationships with their customers online and off.
About the Role
In this role you will own our end user experiences for Drive and Storefront, DoorDash’s SaaS product ecosystem. You are a first-principles thinker who is both a strategist and a builder. You'll work with your peers in Product Management, Engineering, Operations, and more to define shared visions and roadmaps for your domains. To make them a reality, you’ll lead a world-class team of product designers and work with recruiting to find, attract, and hire new talent.
You will report to the Head of Merchant Design.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Contribute directly to product strategy and define the future of our products and services
- Explore complex, ambiguous problem spaces, working with your team to understand the opportunity and chart a path forward
- Recruit and mentor an outstanding team of designers and help them grow
- Influence the team's approach to product development, shaping both the organization and our processes
- Improve the livelihood of DoorDash merchants every day
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of product design experience
- You have 3+ years of experience managing successful product design teams
- You're an advocate for product quality and user-centric product development
- You engage your teammates and proactively initiate new programs
- You're comfortable working within complex product ecosystems
- You're enthusiastic about collaboration and team-building
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.