We're looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our Outside Sales team to bring the best local and regional merchants on to DoorDash's platform!
About the Team
The Outside Sales team has been the face of DoorDash to our merchant partners since our founding in 2013. Stationed locally, this team creates deep partnerships with the most coveted local and regional merchants in any given geography. At DoorDash, these partnerships help strengthen operations, accelerate consumer growth, and improve our bottom line.
About the Role
As a Sales Development Representative, you'll join a team of experienced operators who have excelled in the art of booking qualified, meetings. As part of the team in Boston, you'll support the Northeast region - and all the opportunities within it. The team is laying the foundation for what will eventually be the single biggest competitive advantage for DoorDash — industry-leading partnership terms with the best merchants.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Identify, contact, and qualify the most important merchants and their decision makers in your market
- Partner with Regional Account Executives to secure meetings that forward the interests of both DoorDash and our merchant prospects
- Conduct high-volume cold calling (65+ dials per day) and emailing to access and qualify decision makers
- Refine sales messaging, prospecting, qualifying, and closing techniques
- Report directly to the Sales Development Manager, who will directly support your growth in your role and career.
We're excited about you because…
- You have 1+ years experience in high-volume outbound cold calling
- You enjoy working as a part of a team
- You're excellent at motivating potential partners to see the benefits DoorDash will bring to their business
- You have creative sales tactics to engage with prospects
- You have experience exceeding daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- You pride yourself on your excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You can navigate sales and internal tools quickly (Salesforce, Google Apps)
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos