Security Engineer, Infrastructure
DoorDash, United States - Remote
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
About the Team
Come help us build the world's most trusted on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're building a team of great minds to help us secure and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s multi-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and drivers.
About the Role
The Information Security team is looking for an Infrastructure Security Engineer to work on securing DoorDash’s data and infrastructure within its cloud computing environment. You will be a part of our inclusive, collaborative team responsible for building a safe and reliable delivery network. On the Security team we need to protect all of our customers, as well as the logistics engine itself. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work directly with engineering and security leaders to enact security strategy for DoorDash’s cloud infrastructure and applications that run within that cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure applications running within the cloud environment honor the requirements of information security policy and standards for segmentation and configuration.
- Develop and implement network and process controls for Kubernetes environments.
- Create and improve monitoring and tooling around IAM to ensure least-privilege access is granted to employees and applications that run within the cloud.
- Create and manage a data loss prevention program to prevent sensitive data from proliferating within, or leaving, the cloud network.
- Assess and present infrastructure security risk solutions and tradeoffs to DoorDash leadership that enables risk-based decision making.
- Define and implement network and endpoint sensors that feed data and metrics into DoorDash’s security monitoring framework.
- Define, document and implement security standards, guidelines and procedures for secure operations in a cloud infrastructure environment.
- As part of architectural and design review committees, provide actionable feedback in engineering design reviews
We're excited about you because you have…
- 3+ years of experience as an infrastructure engineer or a system administrator in an information security discipline.
- Breadth of technical experience across various infrastructure and security areas running in large production environments.
- Exceptional analytical and investigative abilities with hands-on experience leading root cause analysis.
- Experience solving complex, systemic issues that require creative thinking and solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company’s security posture.
- Expertise with cloud infrastructure and management in AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you can explain security design with respect to cloud infrastructure to security and engineering personnel.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $153,000 - $182,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Help the world share their story