Senior Associate, New Business Verticals - Logistics Strategy & Operations
DoorDash, New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
About the Team
We're looking for a Strategy & Operations Senior Associate to help build and shape the future of New Verticals at DoorDash with our Dasher & Logistics platform.
The Strategy & Operations Logistics team oversees strategic growth at DoorDash powered by best in class logistics operations. Together, we're building the world's most efficient and reliable same-day logistics platform to fulfill our vision of empowering all local businesses.
The projects we work on are diverse and have the potential to impact all our audiences - from Dashers, to Consumers, to Merchants. Some examples of projects include:
- Building the future of same-day and flexible Logistics networks and improving affordability for Customers
- Running experiments to better meet Dasher expectations and power more cost effective deliveries
- Creating accessible and rewarding economic opportunities that empower Dashers to reach their goals
- Getting every delivery right and ensuring that no defects occur at any point in the delivery life cycle so that Customers have a great experience ordering on DoorDash
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Senior Associates are responsible for diving into some of our toughest operational problems to understand what’s driving them and running experiments to drive improvement.
Our best Senior Associates are truth seekers who enjoy solving difficult problems, working across the organization and trying to get 1% better everyday. They combine business context and analytics to take a problem area and implement a customized solution.
On a typical day, you may analyze our data to diagnose and solve problems at the lowest level of detail and use analytical modeling and SQL skills to understand the drivers behind our KPIs. Armed with that data, you’ll then establish the value of new projects, and design and run operational experiments to build the future of Consumer, Dasher, and Merchant experiences on the New Vertical DoorDash platform and inform our product roadmap. You will work on cross-functional initiatives coordinating across product, engineering, data science, finance, and more to bring projects from 0-1 and 1-100. You will report to a Senior Manager on our Logistics team in the Strategy & Operations organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build new capabilities, experiences, and businesses that haven’t been attempted before, you’re excited about the opportunity to create the impossible.
- Use data-driven analysis to run process improvement tests
- Work with a cross-functional team including operations, marketing, analytics, finance, and product to bring your ideas to market.
- Build models and process flows to evaluate quantitative and qualitative business cases for process improvement opportunities
- Operate at the lowest level of detail to understand the impact of your decisions and iterate given insights from data, you’re excited to dig into the details to pull out the real insights
- Continuously engage and cultivate relationships with customers to understand their needs and identify strategic bets that can create step-change improvements for them.
- Look for ways to improve and want to shape the direction of the company
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You are a problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You are an entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You are gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You have 2-4+ years of experience in strategy and operations or consulting
- You are experienced leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a high-growth company or start up
- You have experience with SQL
- You can make applicable recommendations out of complex datasets
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
The base salary range in New York City for this position is $99,000 - $117,000, plus opportunities for equity. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Per the New York City Commissioner’s Order Requiring COVID-19 Vaccination in the Workplace, dated December 13, 2021 (as modified), employees who work on-site at a DoorDash office are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to the employer before entering the workplace.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.