About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for an Accounting Manager to strengthen our general ledger and accounting operations functions while keeping pace within one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.
About the Role
You will report to the US Accounting Manager on the Accounting team. If you’re a proactive and self-motivated accountant, this is the role for you. Progressive experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, SOX controls, and external audits
- Ownership of full cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities related to our Balance Sheet function with focus on OPEX, to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including managing/reviewing close activities such as journal entries and account reconciliations within the established close timeline
- Execution of non-routine transactions, including but not limited to: application of accounting guidance, preparation of workpaper and journal entries, and walkthrough with relevant stakeholders
- Assist in managing the preparation of monthly financial reporting for management and U.S. GAAP presentation, including tie-outs to underlying detail
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline Accounting operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures
- Partner closely with FP&A and Financial Reporting teams around monthly variance analysis, management reporting, and GAAP reporting
- Oversee GL functions, including but not limited to month end close, review and supervision of staff
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 6+ years of accounting experience, with experience in relevant industry public company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience with ERP software (i.e., NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Strong spreadsheet skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data
- Strong written and verbal proficiency in English
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Tech Jobs For You
Accenture Strategy Consultant Development Program Scholar LOA ...
Accenture, CA - San Francisco, USA