Dots is an established gaming company with three mobile hits so far (Dots, Two Dots, and Dots & Co), and over 100 million installs. We’re a growing team of multi-talented people. We have big plans for more games in the future and we’re looking for a senior leader who will head our art department.
- Studio Art Director will provide key leadership, coaching and hands on support to the visual design team at Dots and report directly to the President and Chief Creative Officer and.
- Defining and shaping, together with our exec team, high-level art direction and visual identity systems for Dots product development and branding, ensuring that the art direction of our products is both high-quality and consistent with our unique brand aesthetic .
- Provide constant and consistent cross-functional leadership and support to all artists as required, specifically in regard to hiring, goa setting, mentorship and career development.
- Lead the training of artists in the company, promoting the healthy, ongoing development of artistic skills, capabilities best-in-practice creative processes.
- Understand the specific art needs of each project and assign appropriate artists to projects as required.
Required Skills / experience:
- Proven success leading the art department in a gaming studio (a strong plus) or any mobile consumer product.
- Experience in leading a team, mentoring, coaching and providing clear direction and feedback to artists
- Proven success in the development and execution of visual design for mobile products, including (but not limited to) character design, world-building and animation/motion graphics.
- Experience course-correcting designs for work-in-progress designs
- Experience contributing to brand-building and IP development
- Ability to drive creativity and innovation, while operating within strategic and commercial goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to set and maintain clear goals and work well in a team environment
- Authorization to work in the United States
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
Jobs You May Like
Inside Sales Representative, Vancouver
TradeRev, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Senior UX Researcher, Online Store Editor
Shopify, Montreal, Canada
Bachelor/Master Thesis in Software Development (f/m/d)
Senior Software Engineer, AI Tools
drive.ai, Mountain View
IT Support Technician
Elastic, Amsterdam, The Netherlands