Dots is a young gaming company with three mobile hits so far (Dot, TwoDots, and Dots & Co), and over 100 million installs. We're a young studio staffed by multi-talented game-makers - passionate about games, committed to beautiful design and dedicated to growing and supporting our staff.
For this role we're looking for a junior game designer with a passion for puzzle games and a strong desire to pursue a career in game design. This role is full-time and based in our NYC office.
The ideal candidate has experience designing and playtesting game levels or content, and is familiar with current mobile game mechanics and systems. Familiarity with Unity or other game creation software is beneficial but not essential - we're primarily looking for strong design insight and a hunger for learning.
The junior game designer will perform general level design tasks, manage level testing, and help manage content updates and player feedback.
To apply for this job, please send a pen-and-paper level design for a Two Dots level, with an accompanying description of what makes it good to play. Please design your level around existing Two Dots game rules and mechanics only. Don't invent anything new!
- Building levels and events for Two Dots and other games as needed
- Writing specs for new mechanics, as required by the Lead Game Designer/Game Director
- Managing playtesting sessions and collating feedback
- Monitoring playtest data and player feedback
- Strong passion and knowledge of video games, particularly puzzle games and current mobile free-to-play titles.
- Good sense for what makes a game or level fun to play and the ability to articulate that to others
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and work well in a team environment
- United States work visa
Dots is committed to creating a respectful, collaborative working environment. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, medical condition, marital, parental or registered domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, transgender status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We enjoy working with diverse teammates from all backgrounds and encourage all to apply.
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Product Operations
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
AKQA, San Francisco
Agency Sales Lead
Senior Frontend Engineer
Upserve, Providence, RI
Marketing Analytics and CRO Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Growth Engineering
Twilio, San Francisco, CA