Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences.
We are looking for a power engineer with a solid track record designing and launching high performance backend solutions to serve as the technical authority for the Backend Engineering team.
Drive design and implementation of large technically complex features for an ambitious globally scalable high performance backend platform while ensuring highest standards of performance, resilience and quality.
The role requires a mix of strong technical expertise, engineering best practices, business engagement, hands-on architecture, projects delivery, and cross-team collaboration. In addition, the candidate ought to have passion for inspiring and mentoring juniors engineers with varying levels of experience. You should be an expert on modern Server side software development methodologies, tools and operational processes.
Successful candidates will be passionate about their own designs, but equally passionate and genuinely curious about alternative points of view and committed to finding the best solution, regardless of where it comes from. In addition, you should be motivated by the overall team’s success, setting high standards and continuously improving tools and processes.
You should be articulate and comfortable standing your ground, as a senior member of the Technology team, you will interact directly with the product leaders, other technical managers and the CTO.
Below are some of the items on our current roadmap. As the technical expert on the backend engineering team, you will be a key driving force behind the roadmap vision - helping the team to continuously reinvent and take these to the next level! If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have a chat.
- Game Services - set of advanced high performance globally scalable microservices that power single- and multi-player features in our games.
- Game Management Tools - comprehensive LiveOps campaigns management and Customer Service tools that enable product and customer engagement teams to keep our games exciting and delight our players.
- Analytics Services - set of high performance real-time analytics and partner integration pipelines that capture player metrics and feed into our data lake.
- Automation / Engineering Tools - we want to keep our team as efficient and as agile as possible.
- Build & CI/CD pipelines - we continuously enhance our build tools and pipelines for both Game Client and Backend applications.
- Self-starter looking for the next big learning opportunity and challenge
- Compassionate team player and practical innovator with strong culture of giving and receiving constructive feedback and going above and beyond for the team
- Dedication to setting highest standards and nurturing great people
- Strong attention to details and sense of ownership
- Passion for building great systems and ambition to do it on global scale
- Lifetime dedication to quality, finding the best ideas and building unbreakable systems
- Solid computer science fundamentals and a great engineering intuition
- 5+ years experience designing and building high performance mission critical microservices
- Experience with gaming or real-time financial systems is strong plus
- Experience with building services for direct-to-consumer global mobile apps is a strong plus
- 8+ years of experience as a hands on software engineer with focus on backend services and systems
- 3+ years of experience building backend services with Python is a strong plus
- 5+ years of designing and operating SQL and No-SQL data stores
- Experience with Data Warehouse / Data Lake engineering is a plus.
- Experience deploying applications and services into Cloud infrastructures, preferably AWS.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a strong plus
- Strong command of Backend services architecture, performance optimization, high availability deployment and operations
- Experience managing large scale systems with large and varied code bases (SDKs/APIs/Libraries)
- Strong understanding of Backend services SDLC, Quality, CI/CD pipelines, tools and best practices
- Experience supporting highly instrumented analytics-driven products
- Excellent understanding of modern leadership and management principles
- Experience managing off-shore resources is a plus
- Track record of working with Product Managers and converting product requirements into effective technical designs and solutions
- Track record of working with QA on minimizing late quality issues or surprises
- A passion and knowledge for games is a big plus
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- 100% health insurance coverage for you and your family (medical, dental and vision)
- One Medical membership
- HSA and FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 401k contributions
- Student loan assistance program
- Discounts with CitiBike + Class Pass memberships
- And more...
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.