Dots is growing its portfolio of games, and is looking for a creative lead with deep game design insight, restless creative curiosity and relentless commitment to iterating and improving play experiences. If you love to pull a team together and grow an idea from a pencil sketch to a top grossing App Store page, we want to hear from you.
You’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers, and designers whose mission is to make stylish and meaningful play experiences.
- Devise and develop new game concepts, from conception to launch.
- Oversee and deliver excellent play experiences across all levels of game design (low level [e.g. mechanics, quests], meta level [e.g. game modes, tournaments, product features], and top level [e.g. world-building, narrative design]
- Work with art leads to build creative foundations for new game worlds and brands
- Work with product and marketing teams to drive audience research, player feedback and to define and maintain KPIs
- Work with engineering teams to ensure designs are viable and scaleable.
- Produce and maintain clear, complete spec documentation for new features and other game design elements
- Provide creative vision and mentor junior game designers
- A minimum of 5 years experience, including at least 3 years senior game design or project lead experience on a shipped mobile game with additional experience in relevant creative digital industries if not directly in games.
- Experience concepting, pitching and refining new game ideas.
- Experience in creating wireframes or other visuals to support game design docs
- Strong knowledge of game loops, product considerations, and monetization for FTP games
- Extensive content pipeline and live-ops experience
- Strong instincts for game feel and player behavior
- Self-motivated, high organized and a great team-player attitude
- Able to effectively collaborate with product managers, artists and programmers
- Understanding of Dots games and a desire to push them to the next level
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to devise and articulate creative direction to a wide-range of stakeholders, from platform partners to team members.
- Qualified to work in the United States
- Casual puzzle level/mechanic design experience
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – prototyping, coding, or visual design
- Good technical capabilities and the ability to quickly master new pipelines and tools
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover letter is required
- Portfolio of previous games, with details of your role/contributions on project
- Must be willing to complete a design test if requested to do so
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
Jobs You May Like
Marketplace Operations - General Applications KSA
noon.com, Riyadh, KSA
Quality and Risk Medical Director - Medicare Advantage
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
Customer Success Operations Coordinator
Greenhouse, New York City
Data Operations Associate (Alternative Hours)
Everlaw, Oakland, California
Imperfect Produce, Dallas
Software Engineer, Android
Kiva, Portland, OR / San Francisco, CA