Dots is an award-winning independent mobile game studio based in New York City. We create thoughtfully designed games with an emphasis on aesthetics. With over 75 million downloads and more projects on the horizon, our diverse and talented team is expanding.
We are looking for an exceptional mid level visual designer to join our creative team. Are you a User Interface designer with an obsession for precision, and a desire to work on the most beautiful mobile games in the world? Are you as comfortable in the Creative Cloud, as you are in Sketch, Figma, and Unity? Are you the best designer you know, but not a jerk about it? Are you always hunting for cool designs and animations, and want to collaborate with people who share your passion? If so, we should chat.
- Create beautiful and engaging visual assets for new and existing games, including gameplay mechanics, game boards and game iconography
- Develop compelling visual identities from the ground up for new game prototypes
- Define thoughtful, clear, intuitive UI systems for games
- Collaborate with game designers to develop the structure and pacing of new game experiences
- Collaborate with game engineers to design, animate and bring to life satisfying game mechanics and interactions
- Bring fresh ideas and inspiration to a diverse team of creative personalities
- BA / BFA in Design or Animation, or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years experience in product design or user interface design
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud, and Sketch or Figma. Prototyping software knowledge (Principle, Framer, etc.) is a plus; generally tech savvy
- Highly creative, with exquisite taste, and a discerning eye for nuances and subtlety
- Excellent communication skills – able to grasp concepts, follow directions, organize information, and turn vague thoughts into legible visuals
- Solution-oriented, team-spirited, quick learner, ambitious but not narcissistic
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Eager to integrate constructive feedback in pursuit of design excellence
In addition to UI design, at least one of the following skills:
- Animation – characters, kinetic type, particles, parallax, storyboards, etc.
- Illustration (game board pieces, characters, backgrounds, custom type)
- Game design
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
Jobs You May Like
Pre-sales Solution Consultant - Singapore
Optiv, Dallas TX, US
Praktikant Offline Marketing DACH (w/m/d)
Senior Finance & Accounting Manager (m/f/d)
Bitpanda, Vienna, Austria
Sales Operations Intern
Trustpilot, New York, New York
Working Student/Intern Amazon Paid Advertising (m/f/div)