Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences.
We are looking for a thoughtful manager with excellent engineering intuition to lead our Backend Engineering team responsible for Game and Analytics services, LiveOps / Continuous Operations tools, DevOps and CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure and system operations for a globally deployed platform handling tens of millions transactions per day.
Deliver an ambitious vision for a globally scalable high performance backend platform and craft a power team to build it.
The role requires a mix of strong technical vision, business engagement, hands-on architecture, projects delivery, vendor management and cross-team collaboration. In addition, the candidate ought to have strong people leadership skills and passion for communicating with, inspiring, mentoring, aligning engineers with varying levels of experience as well as ability to effectively grow the team. You should be an expert on modern Server side software development methodologies, tools and operational processes.
Successful candidates will be passionate about building out their vision, but equally passionate about team’s success, setting high standards, learning new things, genuinely curious about alternative points of view and committed to finding the best solution, regardless of where it comes from.
You should be articulate and comfortable standing your ground, as a member of the Technology leadership team, you will act as the CTO’s sounding board and trusted technical adviser.
Below are some of the things on our current roadmap. As the leader of the backend engineering team, you will be responsible for driving vision for, continuously reinventing and taking these to the next level ! If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have a chat.
- Game Services - set of advanced high performance globally scalable microservices that power single- and multi-player features in our games.
- Game Management Tools - comprehensive LiveOps campaigns management and Customer Service tools that enable product and customer engagement teams to keep our games exciting and delight our players.
- Analytics Services - set of high performance real-time analytics and partner integration pipelines that capture player metrics and feed into our data lake.
- Automation / Engineering Tools - we want to keep our team as efficient and as agile as possible.
- Build & CI/CD pipelines - we continuously enhance our build tools and pipelines for both Game Client and Backend applications.
- Self-starter looking for the next big learning opportunity and challenge
- Compassionate team player and servant leader with strong culture of giving and receiving constructive feedback and going above and beyond for the team
- Dedication to setting highest standards and hiring great people
- Strong attention to details and sense of ownership
- Passion for building great systems and ambition to do it on global scale
- Lifetime dedication to quality, finding the best ideas and building unbreakable systems
- Solid computer science fundamentals and a great engineering intuition
- 5+ years experience managing and growing a backend engineering team responsible for high performance highly available microservices platform
- Experience with Gaming or Real-time Financial systems is strong plus
- Experience with building services for direct-to-consumer global mobile Front End is a strong plus
- 8+ years of experience as a hands on software engineer with focus on backend services and systems
- 3+ years of experience building backend services with Python is a strong plus
- 5+ years of building and operating SQL and No-SQL data stores
- Experience with Data Warehouse / Data Lake engineering is a plus.
- Experience deploying applications and services into Cloud infrastructures, preferably AWS.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a strong plus
- Strong command of backend services architecture, performance optimization, high availability deployment and operations
- Experience managing large scale systems with large and varied code bases (SDKs/APIs/Libraries)
- Strong understanding of backend services SDLC, Quality, CI/CD pipelines, tools and best practices
- Experience supporting highly instrumented analytics-driven products
- Excellent understanding of modern leadership and management principles
- Experience managing off-shore resources is a plus
- Track record of working with Product Managers and converting product requirements into effective technical designs and solutions
- Track record of working with QA on minimizing late quality issues or surprises
- A passion and knowledge for games is a big plus
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- 100% health insurance coverage for you and your family (medical, dental and vision)
- One Medical membership
- HSA and FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 401k contributions
- Student loan assistance program
- Discounts with CitiBike + Class Pass memberships
- And more...
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.