Dots is a data-driven studio, looking for other passionate, curious, and resourceful people to improve experiences for our players. The ideal candidate is someone who can apply their skills to manage and explore data from our millions of users. Alongside the Engineering and Data Science teams, the Senior Data Engineer will help architect a data pipeline that will allow other Dots employees to pull the insights they need.
This person will play a key role in the success of our current and future games, and should be excited about owning that responsibility!
- Create robust data workflows that move and transform data at scale to inform key metrics, recommend changes, and predict future results
- Own the architecture of Dots' data infrastructure, including exploring/implementing new big-data solutions and optimizing existing ones
- Manage data applications on AWS
- Design and implement complex big-data solutions with a focus on collecting, parsing, and surfacing meaningful data using multiple platforms
- Evaluate new technologies and products
- Minimum 5 years experience in data engineering
- Extensive knowledge in different programming and scripting languages such as Java, C++, Python, PHP, Ruby, Perl, Scala, Bash, etc.
- Proficient in SQL
- Solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining end-to-end data pipelines and ETL infrastructure, using tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Samza, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with AWS
- Strong familiarity working in a Linux environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Nice to haves:
- Gaming industry experience
- Experience with Redshift
- Machine learning experience
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Delivery
Senior Algorithm Engineer
Postmates, San Francisco
Sr. Software Engineer - Backend Services
Twilio, San Francisco, CA or Mountain View, CA
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Cloud Systems Developer Lead
Vehicle Test Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA