Dots is seeking a Game Design Director to maintain and evolve the game design
discipline at Dots. You will lead and manage a team of Game Designers, growing their skills and
setting standards for devising, documenting, delivering and playtesting world-class gameplay
experiences across all our projects.
As head of our creative Pipeline, you’ll work with our exec team to agree strategy and commercial goals, and then plan and deliver ideation, prototyping and testing process to generate multiple potential projects against those goals.
Dots is an established gaming company with three mobile hits so far (Dots, Two Dots, and Dots
& Co), and over 100 million installs. It has recently been acquired by Take-Two Interactive.
We’re a growing team of multi-talented people. We have big plans for more games in the future
and we’re looking for a senior leader who can shape our growth.
- Work to define long-term product and creative strategy for our new games pipeline.
- Provide key leadership, coaching and hands-on support to the game design team at Dots and report directly to the President (head of Dots).
- Define and evolve world-class standards for game design at Dots, both for new content and features on our existing and successful game Two Dots, and also for the new games in our pipeline
- Deliver against Dots’ core value of Player Connection by fostering strong playtesting and player feedback processes.
- Work closely with art, engineering and product teams to enable highly cross-functional development practices.
- Devise and run ideation and prototyping processes that generate potential new projects that meet the studios creative, business and product needs.
- Manage and evolve production, assessment and reporting processes for new game prototypes
- Lead on communication of new games concepts, processes and outcomes across the studio
Required Skills / Experience:
- Proven success in the development and execution of game design for mobile games
- Experience in leading a team, mentoring, coaching and providing clear direction and feedback to game designers
- Extensive hands-on game design experience, including gameplay, content and systems design
- Strong literacy in product and business context for mobile game projects
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience contributing to brand-building and IP development
- Ability to drive creativity and innovation, while operating within strategic and commercial goals
- Deep working knowledge of current mobile casual game space.
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Authorization to work in the United States
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.