2D Scavenger Hunt Illustrator (Freelance)
Dots, New York City
We're creating games people love to play.
Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences. We are looking for an exceptional 2D Illustrator to help out on one of the most beloved features of Two Dots: Scavenger Hunts!
This is a Freelance position, but we’ll have a lot of work for you, so we are hoping to find someone who can commit at least an average 30 hours a week. We will set deadlines for each project and have scheduled workload for the next 12 months. Note: We are open to remote contractors and freelancers.
- Create beautiful artwork for our Scavenger Hunts, with the following attributes:
- Isometric perspective
- Even proportions and crowded distribution of elements
- Outlines/cartoony style
- Work off of art briefs delivered by the Art Producer, and report to the Associate Art Director on Two Dots.
- Is happy to receive feedback from the Associate Art Director to achieve the best results.
We will be a great match if you:
- Are a great 2D illustrator, capable of creating unique illustrations.
- Bring your eye for colors and compositions into our project.
- Are experienced in complex and crowded 2D scenes, and character illustrations.
- Are highly proficient in both Photoshop and Illustrator, and are borderline OCD about keeping your files organized and with a clear structure.
- Have excellent visual and written communication skills – ability to follow directions and collaborate with others.
- Are detailed oriented, enthusiastic about receiving and implementing constructive feedback.
- Are curious and passionate about multiple areas of culture (movies, art, photography, news, literature, memes, latest social trends) and can add many fun ideas to our Scavenger Hunt maps.
- Are able to keep a cool head in a fast paced environment.
- Have intellectual humility, welcome feedback, and enjoy collaborating.
- Your portfolio shows compelling examples of many 2D illustrations of crowd scenes and characters.
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Note: We are a small team, and thank you in advance for your patience while we review what we anticipate will be a large volume of portfolios and applicants.
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
File hosting service