Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences. We are on the lookout for a QA Lead who strives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment to help own testing efforts on live products such as Two Dots, and new products currently in development to join our diverse, multi-talented team.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong knowledge of mobile Quality Assurance best practices and understands the requirements for testing at each stage of the software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate knows how and why software fails, is adept at finding and explaining such failures, and can improve processes to ensure failures happen less often. This candidate is someone who is motivated to take full ownership of the quality of a product, enjoys working hands-on, and loves digging in deep to figure out how things work.
- Own quality on a live mobile game from feature ideation to release
- Work directly with Engineering Manager, Product Lead, and Producer to plan out testing and release schedules
- Oversee tasking and performance of external QA Engineers
- Provide input and direction for automated testing initiatives
- Drive improvements to team processes through smart resource management, creative problem solving, and continuous learning
- Excel in finding and explaining defects for both new and existing features
- Drive meaningful improvements to test plans, testing tools, and overall performance of the QA team
- Extensive hands-on experience managing and performing quantitative testing on mobile software, games experience a big plus
- Familiarity with iOS and Android store ecosystems and testing expectations
- Familiarity with testing back-end & data-dependent systems
- Experience contributing or leading automation efforts on mobile apps
- Foresight to plan out realistic testing schedules for your team and the ability to hit those dates under pressure
- Ability to design, write, and run exhaustive test plans for specific features and regressions for entire games
- Knowledge of, and experience working in, a fast-paced and deadline-driven Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong motivation to learn new things and improve
- Capacity to lead and effectively task additional QA testers
- Experience using a ticketing system like Jira
- Great technical communication skills both written and verbal
- Can give qualitative feedback when expected and can take some in return
- Self starter and a leader who can drive projects to completion
- Passion for great mobile games
- Passion for beautiful, simplistic design
- Must be qualified to work in the United States
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- 100% health insurance coverage for you and your family (medical, dental and vision)
- One Medical membership
- HSA and FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 401k contributions
- Student loan assistance program
- Discounts with CitiBike + Class Pass memberships
- And more...
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.