Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our diverse, multi-talented team: one who is intellectually curious and will use data to uncover insights that help drive commercial outcomes.
Work together with our product and user acquisition teams to build, launch, analyze, and iterate on personalized game features that drive our games to new heights
- Analyze the behavior of our players in the game, derive actionable insights, and translate those insights into models, experiments, game features, and player segments that positively impact our key metrics (LTV, retention, and others).
- Run in-game, “live ops” experiments end-to-end --- from conception and design to implementation and analysis
- Work closely with stakeholders to make sound, data-driven decisions that positively impact our game features and user acquisition strategy
- Experience with exploring datasets independently and deriving actionable insights
- Proficient at using statistical or machine learning modeling techniques (your choice) to analyze data in a more rigorous way than mere analytics (accounting for confounders, assessing statistical significance and effect size, causal analysis, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize “quick and dirty” models and analyses against more rigorous ones, as appropriate
- Experience with setting up, running, and analyzing experiments, incorporating best practices from statistics
- Proficient in SQL; some experience with modern data warehouses
- Some experience with, or desire to learn, basic data engineering. (Although this is not a data engineering role, we are a scrappy team that encompasses data science and data engineering, so some basic knowledge is helpful.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with non-technical audiences
- Good business and product intuition
- Interested in learning new ideas, technologies, etc. and disseminating them to the rest of the team
- Strong team player; open to giving and receiving feedback in a constructive way
- A passion and knowledge for games
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- 100% health insurance coverage for you and your family (medical, dental and vision)
- One Medical membership
- HSA and FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 401k contributions
- Student loan assistance program
- Discounts with CitiBike + Class Pass memberships
- And more...
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.