Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences. We are looking for a Analytics Engineer to join our diverse, multi-talented team: one who cares deeply about generating high-quality datasets and making them available and accessible for our analysts and product stakeholders.
Generate high-quality, meaningful datasets for use in our data warehouse, working with our analysts, data scientists, and other stakeholders to understand their data needs.
- Improve and expand upon the data model and transformation logic that consumes raw data in our data lake and generates high-quality, curated datasets for self-service analytics and data science/ML applications
- Ensure this model and logic are kept up-to-date as the data evolves; reduce complexity and technical debt where possible
- Work with analysts and other technical stakeholders to understand their data needs and help them build relevant datasets
- Help maintain our data dictionary and ensure data usability/discovery
- Build and automate tests for data freshness and quality
- (Sparingly) Write ad-hoc ETLs to populate our data lake
- Strong understanding of how data is consumed by stakeholders in order to build reports and dashboards, and to generate insights
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Experience with analytics databases such as Redshift or Snowflake
- Experience building data models that integrate complex and disparate data sources, using tools such as dbt
- Understanding of concepts, techniques, and best practices for data modeling
- Strong commitment to data quality and experience with data testing, data documentation, and data governance
- (Nice to have) Experience writing batch ETLs, using schedulers like Airflow and frameworks like Airbyte or Singer
- (Nice to have) Experience with or desire to learn Spark and Databricks
- Experience working in a cross-functional team (our data team comprises data scientists and analysts as well)
- Interested in learning new ideas, technologies, etc. and disseminating them to the rest of the team
- Strong team player; open to giving and receiving feedback in a constructive way
- A passion and knowledge for games
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- 100% health insurance coverage for you and your family (medical, dental and vision)
- One Medical membership
- HSA and FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 401k contributions
- Student loan assistance program
- Discounts with CitiBike + Class Pass memberships
- And more...
Go behind the scenes of one of the most downloaded games in the world... Dots!
The people behind Dots are an eclectic mix of illustrators, musicians, animators, designers and engineers that believe everyone can enjoy a great game.
Be a Better Dots Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Dots when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Dots? Visit Dots's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid