Position: Director of People Operations
Reporting to: COO
Location: Franklin, TN
State date: Immediately
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a fast growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is the fastest-growing natural health website in the world with over 17 million unique visitors per month, and the fastest growing company in Tennessee!
We are seeking a Director of People Operations who is first and foremost passionate about building and developing a world-class team. You really like people and understand the importance of feeling fulfilled at work, and have the knowledge and experience to back up how training, development, team get-togethers and being heard can knit a team together.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a true business partner to our senior leadership team and advocate for our team members all the while leading our People Ops team (recruiting, HR, professional development, and office management), executing people initiatives, driving employee engagement, and creating a world-class organization to attract, develop and retain the right talent.
Your work will be integral to building an enduring natural health brand that is changing the lives of people around the world!
What you will be doing:
- You will act as a trusted advisor and business partner to the company’s senior leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues.
- You will set and execute on the long term vision for key people operations initiatives, drive future organizational design and change management initiatives to help maintain a high performing, motivated, and impactful team.
- You will guide us through the complex issues of a fast growing company while helping us stick with our core values.
- You will lead and grow our People Operations, Recruiting, HR and Office Management team.
- You will oversee our people strategy which includes but is not limited to: performance management, talent acquisition, employee engagement, compensation, benefits, retention, employee and manager training, employee handbook, and culture-building initiatives.
- Partner with our PEO to effectively establish and implement HR systems and processes to support a workforce that will scale well and ensure compliance with legal requirements of HR.
- You will oversee solutions that empower our leaders to be better managers and the development of programs that prepare high-potential employees for management roles.
- You will partner with executives and managers to develop a culture of learning and continuous feedback by creating programs, tools, and experiences that engage our team at all levels and inspire a positive, diverse, adaptive and accountable culture.
- You will work with the executive team to come up with a compensation strategy and oversee performance, development, and the compensation review process.
- You will embody our culture by leading the charge on maintaining and enhancing the culture in line with our values. This will including overseeing the organization our regular events, and surprise us with ones we hadn’t thought of. We’re social, and we need you to be social too!
- 3+ years experience in a People Operations, Talent Development or Talent Acquisition role.
- Experience building a people operations team.
- Demonstrated success in scaling startup organizations.
- Experience supporting both salary and hourly workforces, creating relevant and meaningful employee programs, reviews, and feedback loops.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results.
- You have a solid understanding of employment law, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training.
Experience in recruiting and people development.
- You are a natural advocate for team members across all layers of the organization, and you can build rapport with a diverse workforce.
- You have a genuine desire to help people grow.
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback.
- You are a self-starter who can take initiative and adapt to evolving circumstances.
- You are a flexible leader with the ability to operate at a highly strategic level, combined with a roll-up your- sleeves attitude. .
- You thrive in a fast-growing environment with an ability to adapt and prioritize as needed.
- You are always curious and always learning and always humble.
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random pinata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is you, we'd love to hear from you! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)
About us Dr. Axe is growing fast, hence being recently named the fastest growing company in not only Nashville, but Tennessee and hitting Inc. 5000's fastest growing companies list 2 years in a row and coming in at #35- oh, and we just hit the #1 ranked natural health website in the world! And we can't stop to breathe. All this to say, we're on the hunt for some of the most talented people we can find. Check out our open opportunities! http://careers.draxe.com/ We are passionate about helping people around the world transform their lives through natural health and wellness. Created by Dr. Josh Axe in 2010, we have been in constant hyper-growth busy delivering an unparalleled class of product and education on nutrition, natural medicine, fitness, healthy recipes, DIY home remedies and trending health news through multiple platforms including Facebook Live, webinars, videos, podcasts, Q&As and ebooks. We work hard, and we play hard. No suit and ties around here. Unless, of course, you really want to wear one - and we eat kale. We're after cutting edge talent in all areas of digital marketing. Calling all developers, growth hackers, designers, email marketers, data analysts, digital marketing project managers - all things digital marketing! We need you! The speed is a blur. But if you're willing to put your head down and do the work, you'll be part of a team transforming lives around the country and world. If that’s you, again, check out our careers page at http://careers.draxe.com/. Headquartered in Nashville, we are one of the country's fastest growing cities. While we are home to country music and the Grand Ole Opry, don't let that fool you into thinking we are only a sleepy southern town. New restaurants, music venues, parks, theaters, art galleries and other fun things you'd come to expect from a thriving city are appearing daily in Nashville. Even with all that, we're still known as the city with a small town feel.
Want to learn more about Dr.Axe.com? Visit Dr.Axe.com's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.