DraftKings, Boston, MA
See jobs at DraftKings
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Work with us as we invent an industry.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for a Counsel to work primarily with the Commercial & Business Affairs team to support the commercial side of DraftKings’ business. You will help through contract law negotiations, marketing, and other complex business issues as they arise. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Counsel:
- Draft, Review, and negotiate complex commercial transaction agreements.
- Assist the software development teams by drafting and negotiating consulting agreements, statements of work, open sources usage, and related IP issues.
- You will also review and advise Marketing and Product teams on creative assets and product enhancements.
- Advise key stakeholders of legal and business risks related to deals that you support.
- Respond promptly to requests for legal review from all departments.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 7+ years of experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial transaction agreements.
- Experience negotiating both digital and terrestrial media agreements.
- You have a knowledge of trademark rights enforcement and licensing, software licensing, and media placement.
- JD required and admission to the MA bar (or eligible for MA authorized in-house counsel.
- You have the ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple complex projects simultaneously.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).
Want to learn more about DraftKings? Visit DraftKings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Thumbtack, San Francisco
Area Marketing Manager
TripAdvisor, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Acquisition Marketing Manager
PolicyGenius, New York
Manager, Demand Planning (Europe)
Allbirds, Allbirds London
Hungarian Digital Marketing Consultant (student worker)
VP, Product Marketing
Checkr, San Francisco