Public Relations Manager
DraftKings, Boston, MA
See jobs at DraftKings
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
DraftKings Communications team is growing rapidly and looking for a proactive Public Relations Manager in either New York or Boston. As a member of the Corporate Communications Department, this Manager will play a crucial role in managing team members. You’ll help to generate positive media coverage for DraftKings that delivers on brand messaging and objectives.
What you’ll do as a Public Relations Manager:
- Manage day-to day media relations, messaging development, and strategic planning for DraftKings globally.
- Form effective relationships with business unit heads to ensure the development of integrated PR plans.
- Oversee DraftKings’ Media Associate and Senior Media Associate, serving as the point of contact with PR agency and consultants while managing timelines and deliverables accordingly.
- Develop ongoing communications plans to support key brand efforts, launches, announcements, and promotions.
What skills you will use:
- 7-9 years of experience at PR Agency or in-house.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or journalism, or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Relevant media contacts and experience managing relationships with media on a global level.
- Manage development process—strategy/plan development, briefing & successful execution.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).